Emergence of multi-drug-resistant pathogens, as a result of huge application of antibiotics over a long time, is growing, and becoming increasingly difficult to treat. Bacteriophage technologies have therefore begun to garner great interest as alternatives to antibiotics. Rising prevalence of antimicrobial resistance and limited new antibiotic discoveries and development have sustained innovation and led to a renewal of interest in bacteriophages.
Advantages of phage therapy along with probiotics are gaining importance in the treatment of antibacterial-resistant infections, and demand is expected to grow over the next few years. Currently, players operating in the bacteriophage market are concentrating on meeting the needs of health professionals and patients by introducing novel phage therapies, and are investing in the development of advanced bacteriophage platforms.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=5558
As per Fact.MR’s analysis, the global bacteriophage market was valued at around US$ 39 Mn in 2019, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of over 4% through 2030.
Key Takeaways from Bacteriophage Market Study
- Phage probiotics to account for over 95% market share in 2020.
- Gastroenterology is the most lucrative application segment, and holds nearly 94% of the market share.
- North America and Europe collectively hold over tow-third of the global market share, owing to technological advancements and increasing research & development activities across these regions.
- Retail and hospital pharmacies to account for over 80% value share through 2030.
For critical insights on this market, request for methodology here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=5558
- The COVID19 pandemic has resulted in a temporary pause of all non-essential and elective procedures. Pharmaceutical manufacturers have been severely impacted, with companies reporting a significant drop in revenue due to supply chain crisis.
Key Market Segments
- Phage Probiotics
- Phage Therapeutics
Route of Administration
- Respiratory Infection Treatment
- Skin Infection Treatment
- Wound Prophylaxis
- Urogenital Infection Treatment
For in-depth competitive analysis, buy now – https://www.factmr.com/checkout/5558
Strategic Partnerships and Funding by Manufacturers for Development of Phage Therapeutics
Pharmaceutical companies are collaborating with a collective goal to foster innovation by working with biotech firms and companies, governments, and market stakeholders, to enable supportable investments into a novel pipeline of bacteriophage therapy.
For instance, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Locus Biosciences Inc., in 2019, signed a complete license and collaboration agreement to manufacture, develop, and commercialize CRISPR-Cas3-enhanced bacteriophage (crPhage) products for the treatment of various infections, such as respiratory tract infection caused by two key pathogens, and other related infections. For this, Locus will receive US$ 20 million as an initial payment, which is expected to reach US$ 798 million from future sales of the product.
Important doubts related to the market clarified in the report:
- Which regional market is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period?
- How has the surging prices of raw materials impacted the growth of the market?
- Why are market players focusing on R&D and innovations?
- Are market players expanding their global presence? If yes, how?
- What is the estimated value of the market in 2019?
Read More Trending and Similar Reports from Fact.MR – https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2019/05/14/1823788/0/en/Smartphone-based-Pregnancy-Point-of-Care-Testing-Emerging-as-a-Potential-Alternative-to-Lab-based-Diagnostics-Fact-MR.html
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583