The global animal parasiticides market is expected to be worth US$ 7.9 Billion in fiscal year 2022, up from US$ 6.2 Billion in fiscal year 2021. From 2022 to 2032, the market is expected to grow at a 6.6% CAGR, reaching a value of US$ 13.6 billion by the end of 2032.
Animal parasiticides are substances that kill parasites in pets, cattle, and other species that aren’t fungus or bacteria. Animal parasiticides often comprise one or even more active chemicals together with inert substances.
The global animal parasiticides market is heavily concentrated, with five major companies dominating: Zoetis, Inc., Merck Animal Health, Ceva Sante Animale, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, and Elanco Animal Health. These firms spend in R&D to provide high-quality medications, diagnostic items, vaccines, and genetic testing.
- In 2022, as part of its ongoing commitment to improving animal care, Zoetis acquired NewMetrica, a trailblazing Scottish firm that had created cutting-edge digital tools in the form of survey questions that are designed to evaluate health-related quality of life (HRQL) in non-verbal organisms as a strategic step to their companion animal investment. This purchase will develop their knowledge in quality-of-life evaluations, improve their capacities across the care continuum and result in a deeper comprehension of an animal’s welfare.
- The French industry leader in animal health, Ceva Santé Animale, announced in 2022 that it had established “Ceva Bussan Animal Health K.K.” as a partnership with Mitsui & Co.,Ltd. (“Mitsui”), one of the biggest Japanese corporations and a stakeholder of Ceva from 2020 in Japan, to hasten the growth of the veterinarian laboratory to Japan, a crucial market for the firm. The successful partnership venture’s commercial goal is to introduce Ceva’s brand and corporate strategy to prospective Japanese business associates. It will make it easier for Ceva to quickly and dramatically expand its footprint in Japan.
- Simparica TrioTM, a novel combo of canine parasitic prevention drug from Zoetis Inc., received FDA approval in February 2020. This drug provides total protection against ticks, heartworm diseases, roundworms, and fleas in the form of a monthly chewable. It was the country’s first ever canine combination formula containing isoxazoline.
- Merck Animal Health, another industry leader, manufactures medications for companion animals, pigs, equines, aquaculture, and poultry. Among its offerings are POSATEX® and MOMETAMAX® for the treatment of bacterial ear issues, VETSULIN® for the management of diabetes mellitus in dogs and cats, and ACTIVYL® for the prevention of flea infestations. The business’s piglet vaccination for 2019 earned the animal farm prize in January 2020. The PORCILIS® Lawsonia Vaccine meant for the Piglets, protects against the strain of bacteria lawsonia intracellularis that causes the intestinal ailment ileitis, was awarded for it.
Key Segments Covered In The Animal Parasiticides Market Report
By Product Type :
- Oral Tablets
- Oral Suspension
- Feed Additives
By Species :
- Food-Producing Animals
- Companion Animals
- Other Livestock
- Food-Producing Animals
By Region :
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)