The quantum dot display market is forecast to be valued at over US$ 4 Bn in 2022, experiencing a Y-o-Y increase of 30% as compared to 2021. Future projections indicate that the market will surge over 17x to reach US$ 69.79 Bn by 2032.
The quantum dot display technology is witnessing impressive penetration in the television display industry, expected to generate an absolute dollar opportunity worth US$ 7.2 Bn.
The quantum dot display market is consolidated with a few prominent manufacturers namely Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., LG Display Co. Ltd., Sony Corporation, Sharp Corporation and CSOT (China Star Optoelectronics Technology), acquiring a share of more than 70%. Numerous approaches, such as expansion, introduction of new products, joint ventures, agreements, alliances and acquisitions, are being employed by top competitors. Some of the other developments in the market are:
- In October 2019, Samsung invested US$ 11 Billion in the world’s first dedicated quantum dot display manufacturing facility. Beginning in early 2021, the new production unit is set to operate with a monthly capacity of 30,000 quantum dot display substrates.
- In January 2019, Hewlett-Packard announced the launch of world’s first quantum dot display on glass. The company also launched its new range of “Pavilion 27” monitors with quantum dot display.
- In February 2019, Nanosys demonstrated its revolutionary quantum efficiency for heavy metal-free red, green, and blue QDEL systems, and successfully printed displays in their laboratories using ink jet technology. This is a major advance in quantum dot engineering of the next decade.
Key Segments Covered in the Quantum Dot Display Industry Report
By Material Type
- Cadmium Containing Quantum Dot Display
- Cadmium Free Quantum Dot Display
By Application Type
- Quantum Dot Displays for Television
- Quantum Dot Displays for Monitors
- Quantum Dot Displays for Notebooks
- Quantum Dot Displays for Tablets
- Quantum Dot Displays for Smartphones
- Quantum Dot Displays for Medical Devices