The global sepsis diagnostics market is projected to expand at a CAGR of around 8% from 2021 to 2031. The market is mainly driven by surging demand for assays & reagents across geographies.
Sepsis diagnostics has acquired increased attention over the years, given the alarmingly increasing rates of sepsis episodes amongst patients of all age groups across hospital settings. The market is witnessing a slew of new diagnostic approaches, mostly based on automated detection technologies, given the high demand for precision and time-based diagnostic solutions.
Essential Takeaways from the Sepsis Diagnostics Market Insights Report
- Comparison of prominent players operating in the Sepsis Diagnostics Market Insights.
- Recent developments and key strategies adopted by market players.
- Study of the micro and macro-economic growth indicators.
- Impact of the various factors on the value chain of the Sepsis Diagnostics Market Insights.
- Growth opportunities for emerging market players in various regional markets.
- Current trends influencing the scenario of the Sepsis Diagnostics Market Insights.
The global market for sepsis diagnostics is highly fragmented. The prominent companies rely on a variety of development tactics, such as broadening product portfolios, strategic mergers and acquisitions, expanding production capabilities, investing in R&D projects, and merging technical improvements into current equipment.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BD) announced the BACTECTM Platelet Quality Control Media in 2019, earning US FDA certification to identify tainted platelet units in microbiology laboratories, blood banks, and transfusion programmes. Through a culture-based technique, the technology enables doctors to identify possibly tainted platelet donations and help lower the risk of sepsis.
- Similarly, in 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific released the B.R.A.H.M.S PCT direct point-of-care assay blood test, which enables for the rapid identification of bacterial infection and sepsis. The test is intended to provide procalcitonin (PCT) measurement to acute care settings in order to assist quick management and exact findings for therapeutic solutions.
- T2 Biosystems Inc. has got clearance for its T2SARS-CoV-2TM Panel, a molecular diagnostic test that identifies SARS-P1 CoV-2’s variant, which was recently verified in the United States. This panel has a clinical sensitivity of 95% and a specificity rate of 100%, and it produces findings in less than two hours when performed on a fully automated T2Dx® device. As the COVID-19 virus causes sepsis and mortality, these panels remain therapeutically important.