The global hams market is anticipated to reach a valuation of over US$ 47billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period (2020-2030). A spike in number of food outlets and quick service restaurants (QSRs) across the globe continues to fuel the global hams market growth. Manufacturers of hams are benefiting directly from increased consumer demand for processed meat products and improved cold chain systems.
Request Sample- https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4827
Key Takeaways of the Global Hams Market Study
- China leads the global hams market, capturing a market share of over 45% in 2020. The country holds a large number of established meat processors and emerging ham facilities.
- Fresh/chilled hams remain highly preferred over their frozen counterparts and are expected to account for over 65% of the total sales by 2030.
- Strong demand for fresh/chilled hams from households and retail and foodservice chains continues to offer tailwinds to the market growth.
- During the last five years, household demand for hams has been on a significant rise, attributing to robust expansion of retail chains and high popularity of e-Commerce platforms.
“Rising demand for ready-to-cook food is significantly augmenting the global hams market. Longer shelf-life of products allows producers to curb demand shocks by improving inventory control. Additionally, the ability to store the commodity would prevent producers from potential price crashes,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Key Players Prioritize Product Portfolio Expansion to Gain Competitive Edge
The global hams market is highly fragmented in nature, characterized by the presence of a multitude of market players. Tier-1 companies include JBS, Yurun Group, Danish Crown, Tyson Foods, Smithfield Foods, Hormel Foods, Vion Food Group, Gordon, Food Service, OSI Group and Kaczanowski & Co Smallgoods.
These players have a global presence and are established in the foodservice realm. These companies are targeted towards a robust distribution network across the globe and have been recognized by most retailers and foodservices providers as the most reputed food processing firms. Other competitors are primarily focusing on developing robust supply chain networks locally.
Hams Market: Segmentation
The FactMR’s study has done the segmentation of hams market on the basis of form, process, buyer, sales channel across eight regions.
By Form :
- Fresh / Chilled
By Process :
- Air Dried Cured Hams
- Smoked Hams
By Buyer :
- Food Processor & Manufacturers
- HoReCa Sector
- Residential Buyers
By Sales Channel :
- Independent Retailers
- Convenience Stores
- Specialist Retailers
- Online Retailers
By Regions :
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- South East Asia