Since the popularity of swimming as a sporting and as a leisure activity is growing all over the world, the market for women’s swimwear is also increasing. There is an increased demand for specialized kind of swimwear as well, such as thermal swimwear and for the type of swimwear that provides UV protection and this is also giving a much needed boost to the women’s swimwear market. And the most important factor giving a boost to the women’s swimwear market is the fact that it has got converted into a style statement besides its functional aspects. Hence, the swimwear for women undergoes changes from time to time on a regular basis and this trend brings new women’s swimwear types to the market. Besides this, the vendors of women’s swimwear have switched over to the online platform for increased visibility and customer retention and engagement. However, the various flaws in the high tech materials like spandex and nylon that may result in injuries may restrict the market for women’s swimwear during the assessment period. In addition, the misuse of the easy returns policy and vendors not focusing on plus sized customers may also hamper the growth of women’s swimwear market.
For More Insights Into The Market, Request a Sample of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=210
Key Takeaways from Women’s Swimwear Market Study
- Tank suits to remain the most sought-after type over the forecast period, with nearly one-fourth market share.
- Polyester, followed by nylon, are the most widely-used fabric types, for manufacturing swimwear, accounting for two-third total production.
- Mid-price women’s swimwear to exhibit hegemony throughout the forecast period, commanding nearly half of overall demand.
- Sport outlets will maintain the lead among the distribution channels, at over 40% market share.
- The United States holds nearly 90% of the market share of the world’s second-largest market – North America.
- Germany remains the epicentre of the world’s largest market for women’s swimwear – Europe, with a market share of more than 32%.
- Japan and South Korea remains lucrative for manufacturers.
- Some of the other countries performing well in the global women’s swimwear market are Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, and China.
“As swimming activities are gaining traction, demand for women’s swimwear is seeing an upward trend. A report published by the National Library of Medicine indicates almost equal participation of men and women in national and international swimming competition. While this signifies growing number of women swimmers, manufacturers are developing a wide range of women’s swimwear in order to capitalize on the growing opportunities in this space,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Women’s Swimwear Market Segmentation by Category
- One-piece Swimsuits
- Tank Suits
- Sling Bikinis
- Pretzel Suit s
- Two-piece Swimsuits
- Knee Skin
- Body Skin
- Low-price Swimwear
- Mid-price Swimwear
- Premium-price Swimwear
- Online Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Retail Stores
- Monobrands Stores
- Sports Outlets
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
Rise in Swimming Activities Boosting Growth
Rise participation of women in swimming is substantially bolstering the growth of the women’s swimwear market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional death in the United States. In order to spread awareness regarding this and prevent such incidents, CDC has taken up various initiatives. As per its research, younger adults reported greater swimming ability than older adults, while self-reported ability increased with level of education. CDC has also published multiple reports to discuss risk factors of not knowing swimming and prevention of unintentional drowning. Such activities are leading to increased demand for women’s swimwear.