Strong involvement of the film and entertainment industry with technological developments has paved the way for rapid innovations in the industry, which results in an increased need to implement and execute compatible licenses and regulations. Apart from music and films, copyright licensing of literature work continues to gain significant momentum to protect original works of authorship. Moreover, mounting demand for protection of content and credibility of the author has facilitated numerous growth opportunities for companies active in the copyright licensing market.
Key Takeaways of Global Copyright Licensing Market Study
- Copyright licensing for literature work is estimated to account for a 24% share of the total market revenue in 2020, and lose50 BPS in its market share by 2030 over 2020.
- Literature work continues to influence growth strategies of copyright licensing market players, which is expected to be valued at US$ 220 Mn in 2020 and reach US$ 370 Mn by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period.
- In terms of vertical, copyright licensing for animation has registered a notable growth rate over the historical period. It is expected to record a CAGR of 6% and create an absolute $ opportunity of US$ 161 Mn during the forecast period.
- North America’s copyright licensing market is projected to hold a prominent share of the global market value.
- South Asia’s copyright licensing market is projected to register the highest growth rate in terms of value during the forecast period.
“Adoption of digital marketing strategy and an increasing number of OTT platforms will continue to facilitate numerous growth opportunities for copyright licensing market players,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Copyright Licensing Market: Segmentation
Fact.MR has studied the copyright licensing market with detailed segmentation on the basis of type, organization, vertical and key regions
- Literature Works
- Artistic Works
- Architectural Designs
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Music and Entertainment
- Art & Graphics
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia