According to recent statistic published by Fact.MR, the global mouthwash market is poised to reach US$ 8.49 Bn in 2021, expected to surge at a CAGR of over 6% through 2031, reaching a value of US$ 16 Bn by the end of the forecast period. Rising prevalence of oral health problems is one of the principal growth drivers.
Historically, from 2016-2020, mouthwash sales expanded at over 4% CAGR to close in at over US$ 8 Bn. The COVID-19 pandemic provided further impetus to mouthwash sales, attributed to a decline in dental surgeries in favor of addressing patients suffering from SARS.
For More Insights Into The Market, Request a Sample of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=498
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global mouthwash industry to expand nearly 2x from 2021 to 2031
- Antiseptic mouthwash sales to incline at a CAGR of 6% until 2031
- Cosmetic mouthwash likely to account for more than 35% market demand in 2026
- By type, natural & organic mouthwash to be popular, capturing nearly 1/3rd of the revenue
- U.S is expected to hold more than 25% of the market for mouthwashes
- India to be an opportunistic market, surging at a CAGR of 7% until 2031
- 45% of the European mouthwash demand to be generated in the U.K
“As oral health problems continue to surge, manufacturers are increasingly deploying advanced disinfectant solutions, prompting high amounts of research and development to formulate new products,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent mouthwash manufacturers are emphasizing on extensive research & development initiatives so as to introduce products containing highly effective disinfectants. Besides, strategies such as capacity expansion, acquisitions and partnerships are also relied upon. Some key developments are as follows:
- In November 2020, Unilever Research Laboratories discovered that rinsing for 30 seconds with mouthwash containing CPC Technology reduces the viral load of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, by 99.9%.
- Likewise, in December 2020, Procter & Gamble unveiled its HDPE recyclable toothpaste tubes across North America for its Crest, Oral-B and Blend-a-Mend toothpaste brands, which reinforces the company’s commitment to sustainability
Key Segments Covered
- Therapeutic Mouthwash
- Cosmetic Mouthwash
- Antiseptic Mouthwash
- Other Mouthwash
- Conventional Mouthwash
- Natural & Organic Mouthwash
- Mouthwash Sales via Modern Trade
- Mouthwash Sales via Departmental Stores
- Mouthwash Sales via Convenience Stores
- Mouthwash Sales via Drug Stores
- Mouthwash Sales via Online Stores
- Mouthwash Sales via Other Sales Channels