According to a study by Fact.MR, the eggshell membrane derivatives continues to find increasing applications in the nutraceuticals industry, creating a marketplace worth US$ 1.8 Billion by 2031. As per the report, the market is expected to surge at a robust CAGR of 8% across the 2021-2031 assessment period. Besides nutraceuticals, applications abound in the food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries respectively.
As per historical data, sales of eggshell membrane derivatives expanded at a CAGR of 5% from 2016 to 2020. As of 2021, the market is expected to reach US$ 834 Mn in value terms. During the COVID-19 pandemic, sales were impacted significantly, as logistical constraints prevented adequate supply of eggshell membranes to key end use industries. However, prospects rebounded once restrictions were lifted.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=788
Demand for eggshell membranes is significantly influenced by growing research & development to ascertain the efficacy of various ingredients, particularly on human health. For instance, therapeutic effects of Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM®) for patients suffering from joint stiffness and osteoarthritis have been well-documented. Hence, they are being increasingly incorporated as nutraceutical supplements and as additives in the food sector.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Global eggshell membrane derivatives market to expand more than 2x through 2031
- By type, powdered eggshell membrane to account for 2 out of 5 sales through 2031
- Food & beverage to emerge as primary application area, generating 50% of global revenue
- U.S to register impressive growth, surging at a CAGR of 7% from 2021 to 2031
- A CAGR of 6% is anticipated for the Indian eggshell membrane derivatives industry
“Extensive R&D initiatives across clinical, commercial and institutional settings highlighting the extensive applications of eggshell membrane derivatives will significant broaden its horizons, paving way for enhanced market growth”, says the Fact.MR analyst.
Key players operating in the eggshell membrane derivatives market include Biova, LLC, Kewpie Corporation, Eggshell Membrane Technologies, Eggnovo SL., LLC, Mitushi Biopharma, Ecovatec Solutions Inc., Microcore Research Laboratories India Pvt. Ltd., among others.
- In January 2020, Biova LLC published its findings from a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, confirming the efficacy of 450 mg of BiovaBIO- a 100% eggshell membrane ingredient- for oral use in beauty supplements, stating an improvement in skin tone after 8 weeks of ingestion
- Likewise, in February 2021, Health Canada approved Stratum Nutrition’s NEM eggshell membrane, which helps provide relief from joint pain induced due to moderate intensity aerobic exercise