Carbon Fiber Coatings Market: Definition and Introduction
Carbon fiber coatings are used to coat parts to match a particular body color or display a clear lacquer so as to protect the coated substrate from UV degradation. The process of application of carbon fiber coatings is a lengthy process that involves the readying of the substrate to be coated with the carbon fiber coating, a process called abrading.
This is undertaken manually in the coating preparation area by means of air-driven sanders. Prior to the application of carbon fiber coatings, the substrate material is meticulously degreased to eliminate unnoticed particles and agents prior to the coating process. Later, the coating process commences achieving the required application quality, after which carbon fiber coatings are polished.
Carbon fiber coatings have distinct looks, including industrial, textured, or charcoal gray. They are highly preferred on account of the aesthetic appeal they provide to the finished products. Besides, they find applications in many industries such as automotive, aerospace & defense, domestic appliances, and other connections.
Get a sample of this report: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1375
Carbon Fiber Coatings Market: Key Trends & Drivers
Automakers have been augmenting the use of lightweight aluminum and carbon fiber so as to achieve superior fuel economy. This has been translating into several changes in the process of treating & painting surfaces; however, the application of carbon fiber coatings is a challenging task. Even though the substrate or panel surface is smooth, there are technical issues with regard to the coating method used.
For instance, most automotive paint shops deploy electrostatic systems, which run a minor electrical current through the body panel. This generates an electromagnetic charge that attracts the misted paint molecules, thereby creating even coverage coats and a lesser overspray than gravity-driven processes. However, in the case of the application of carbon fiber coatings, the material is not uniformly conductive.
Carbon Fiber Coatings Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the carbon fiber coatings market include:
- BASF SE
- Saint Clair Systems
- Berlac AG Switzerland
- Emerald Coatings
- Nippon Carbon Co Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Covestro AG
- AVANCO Group
- Axalta Coating Systems, LLC
- Toray Industries, Inc.
Carbon Fiber Coatings Market: Segmentation
On the basis of the product type, the carbon fiber coatings market has been segmented as:
- Short carbon fiber coating
- Long carbon fiber coating
- Continuous carbon fiber coating
On the basis of the end use industry, the carbon fiber coatings market has been segmented as:
- Aerospace & defense
- Energy (wind turbines)
- Building & Construction
- Other industries
On the basis of the raw material used, the carbon fiber coatings market has been segmented as:
- Pan based carbon fiber coatings
- Pitch based carbon fiber coatings
- Rayon based carbon fiber coatings
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint