Antigens are substances capable of triggering an immune response in a host, by activating lymphocytes or initiating antibody production against the infection. Depending upon whether they enter the human body from outside or originate within the body, these bacterial antigens are classified as foreign or self-antigens, respectively. Among these, self-antigens comprise mutated or overexpressed proteins. However, foreign antigens may include bacteria, parasites, viruses, chemicals and sometimes toxins and proteins found in food products. The epitope or antigenic determinant portion of a bacterial antigen is recognized by antigen specific receptors located on T and B cells. These highly immunogenic antigenic determinants elicit strong immune response and thus, are used to generate antibodies for clinical research purposes. Bacterial antigens in bacterial antigens market are majorly found in distinct formats, such as purified, inactivated pathogens, ascites and antigen carrier conjugates. A wide range of native state bacterial antigens are in high demand, particularly for vaccine research and in-vitro diagnostics. Standard properties recommended for apt bacterial antigens include higher specificity and sensitivity, reproducible scale-up for bulk quantities, minimal lot-to-lot variation and extended shelf-life. Under product type segment defined for the bacterial antigens market, Chlamydia trachomatis, followed by Clostridium difficile Toxoid A, accounts for a significant revenue share in global bacterial antigens market. Native Chlamydia trachomatis and Helicobacter pylori are commonly recommended bacterial antigens in the bacterial antigens market used to fight various diseases, such as gastritis. These bacterial antigens find applications in various diagnostic techniques, including ELISA, immunoassay, SDS-PAGE, hemagglutination and agglutination test. Major potential end users for bacterial antigens market include hospital associated diagnostic
Get a sample of this report: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1301
Bacterial Antigens Market: Key Players
The global bacterial antigens market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of large number of domestic manufacturers. Examples of some of the key players operating in the global bacterial antigens market are
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Creative Diagnostics
- Enzo Life Sciences, Inc.
- The Native Antigen Company Ltd.
- Jena Bioscience GmbH
- QED Bioscience Inc.
- Ross Southern Laboratories
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Bacterial Antigens Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global bacterial antigens market can be segmented on the basis of product type, pathogen type, application, end user and geography.
Based on product type, the global bacterial antigens market is segmented into:
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Native Chlamydia trachomatis
- Clostridium difficile Toxoid A
- Clostridium difficile Toxoid B
- Native Lipoteichoic Acid
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Recombinant Protein G
- Trichomonas vaginalis
Based on pathogen type, the global bacterial antigens market is segmented into:
- Inactivated Pathogen
- Purified Pathogen
Based on application type, the global bacterial antigens market is segmented into:
- Agglutination test
Based on end user, the global bacterial antigens market is segmented into:
- Hospital Associated Diagnostic Laboratories
- Diagnostic Laboratories and Centers
- Academic and Research Institutes
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Rest of Latin America)
- Europe [EU -4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.), Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- APEJ (Greater China, India, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries and Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)