Demand for patient positioning systems has increased over the past few years and is expected to have a modest growth over the next ten years. Increasing incidence of chronic diseases, increase in hospitalization of patients, rising geriatric population, advancements in technology, need for technologically advanced healthcare centers are some of the major factors driving the demand for patient positioning system.
Rising healthcare expenditure in most economies is expected to be extremely favourable in terms of sales of patient positioning systems in the new advanced healthcare infrastructure that is being bolstered. Increasing prevalence of cancer is also expected to prove a major positive factor for the patient positioning system market. The demand for patient positioning in disease diagnosis is expected to rise substantially over the decade.
Growth is also expected to be hindered by the fierce competition among the manufacturers which has resulted in a wide number of alternate solutions that affect the overall demand for patient positioning system. Despite this the market is predicted to evolve at a decent CAGR of 4.5% over the decade.
Request Sample https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=52
Fierce competition among manufacturers is a major factor that is anticipated to have a restraining effect on market growth since this has spawned many substitute technologies. Untapped potential from lesser developed economies and economies with rising healthcare expenditure are expected to be prominent and crucial to overall market growth.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Patient positioning system market to expand at a steady CAGR of 4.5% through 2031.
- In 2020, the market reached a valuation of around US$ 1 Bn.
- North America anticipated to account for nearly 40% of global market share.
- China and India markets expected to grow at high CAGRs in APAC region.
- Sales revenue from patient positioning systems anticipated to be around US$ 1.5 Bn by the end of 2031.
“Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases has led to a rise in surgical and therapeutic procedures, which is expected to drive demand for patient positioning systems,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Segments of Patient Positioning System Industry Survey
- By Product:
- Patient Positioning Tables
- Surgical Tables
- Radiolucent Imaging Tables
- Examination Tables
- Patient Positioning Accessories
- Other Patient Positioning Systems
- By End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- By Application:
- Use of Patient Positioning Equipment in Surgery
- Demand for Patient Positioning Systems for Diagnostics & Imaging
- Demand for Patient Positioning for Cancer Therapy
Some of the key manufacturers of patient positioning systems, such as Mizuho OSI, LEONI AG, C-RAD, Elekta AB(publ), Skytron, Span-America Medical Systems Inc., STERIS plc. Stryker Corporation, Hill-Rom Inc., etc., have been profiled in this market study.
- Globus Medical recently announced the launch of its new Anthem Mini Fragment fracture system. The system is aimed at fixating small bones and long bone stabilization in upper and lower extremities. The announcement was made in Fort Worth, Texas, at the annual Orthopedic Trauma Association meeting for 2021.
- AIO Solution 3.0, an all-in-one patient positioning system by Orfit, will now be compatible for use with Ethos and Halcyon radiotherapy systems. This will be made possible under the Varian Interoperability Program.