The citrus essential oils market continues to witness widespread adoption in multiple industrial applications, ranging from cosmetics and health care to food and beverages. Aromatherapy is another application area of citrus essential oils where demand remains significant in light of their effective therapeutic attributes. According to a recent analysis by Fact.MR, the citrus essential oils sales increased by over 3000 tons in 2018 over 2017.
The study opines sales of citrus essential oils manufactured using grapefruits to witness relatively faster momentum, as chemical constituents of grapefruit are sought-after across various industries. Grapefruit-derived citrus essential oil sales are expected to grow 2X faster than their counterparts in 2019. Additionally, the health benefits of grapefruit essential oils such as weight loss, improved immunity, and alleviation of stress, has led its adoption among producers of the citrus essential oils in line with increased consumer affinity for such products.
Request Sample https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2851
Market Shares Remain Clustered among Emerging Players
Shares of the citrus essential oils market will continue to remain consolidated among emerging players, as the competition at the brink intensifies and emphasis on organic ingredients, product quality, and clean label gains center stage.
On the other hand, the market leaders continue to focus on expanding their global footprint through the adoption of more efficient extraction methods, and new product launches.
Companies continue to explore the application scope of citrus essential oils, particularly in agriculture, health, and F&B. Some notable developments in the citrus essential oils market have been detailed below.
- Ripple effects of increased demand for natural products and emphasis on environmental sustenance have been significantly influencing the dynamics of the citrus essential oils market. Recognizing the need, Young Living Essential Oils LLC has partnered with Finca Farms who is known for growing high-quality lime and grapefruits in their zero-waste facility based in Mexico.
- Sensing the remarkable rise in sales of fragrances based on natural essential oils, Givaudan, in December 2018 announced that it has acquired Albert Vielle, a company that specializes in providing natural essential oils used in fragrances and aromatherapy products.
- Shift in the consumer preference towards products constituting natural ingredients in food, beverages, and personal care markets has induced a fresh flow of investments in the companies specializing in the sector. Recognizing the trend, Pace Advisors Inc. raised its stake in International Flavors & Fragrances by over 17% at the end of the last quarter in 2018.
- Research initiated by nurses of the CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs, based in Iowa, in 2018 concluded that using essential oils can lower the intervention time for people suffering from nausea, abdominal pain, and vomiting by over 25 minutes.
- With essential oils sales flourishing, Yongevity launched two new essential oil products along with a new product line in Mineral Man and Hemp FX™. While the Mineral Man product line offered essential oils-based hair-care and skincare products, Hemp FX™ includes three products based on hemp-derived cannabinoid oil.
- Givaudan has recently made a significant investment to streamline its patchouli oil sourcing from the Sulawesi Island in Indonesia. The agenda behind this investment is to train 1000 patchouli producers and their families about efficient agricultural practices, for improving the productivity of patchouli essential oil – an integral constituent of natural fragrances.
This report on the citrus essential oils market offers a detailed profiling of key players including Ultra-International B.V., Phoenix Aromas & Essential Oils, LLC, Firmenich SA, Symrise AG, Citrus Oleo, Lionel Hitchen (Essential Oils) Ltd, Mountain Rose Herbs, Inc., Citromax S.A.C.I, doTERRA International, LLC, and Citrosuco.
Citrus Essential Oils – Additional Questions Answered
In addition to the aforementioned insights, the citrus essential oils market report answers the following key questions that stakeholders can use to strengthen and expand their position in the citrus essential oils market:
- What grade of citrus essential oils accounted for largest sales in 2018?
- Which source of citrus essential oils was preferred in 2018?
- Which region was lucrative for the citrus essential oils market in 2018?
- Which end-use industry led the citrus essential oils market in 2018?
- What sales channels are estimated to benefit citrus essential oils market players in 2019?
- What extraction method was most commonly used by the citrus essential oils market participants in 2018?
Changing Properties of Active Ingredients Remains a Key Concern for Manufacturers
Essential oils produced from lemons, oranges, and other citrus fruits under different conditions and seasons are linked with distinctive changes in their properties based on their inhibitory efficacy against different strands of bacteria and fungi.
The time of harvest, the ripeness of fruits, and the season of production have significant impacts on the properties of citrus essential oils.
With such changes in key properties of active ingredients used in citrus products, manufacturers are taking preventative measures to maintain apt conditions considering the season of harvest, maturation degree, and fruit cultivar.
Further, companies utilizing citrus essential oils in their products need to ensure that the citrus essential oils exhibit the properties it is being used for.