The global push-to-talk (PTT) market size is projected to expand steadily at over 8% CAGR through 2031. With requirements from the public safety sector increasing fast, demand for LMR and cellular push-to-talk solutions is rising across the globe. Furthermore, recovery of key commercial sectors after the initial setbacks of the COVID-19 pandemic, such as construction, retail, transportation, and logistics, to name a few, is further boosting demand for push-to-talk services.
The Demand analysis of Push-to-Talk (PTT) Market offers a comprehensive analysis of diverse features, demand, product developments, revenue generation, and sales of Push-to-Talk (PTT) Market across the globe.
Market Segmentation by Category
- LMR Push-to-Talk Services
- Cellular Push-to-Talk Services
- End-Use Industry
- Push-to-Talk Services for Public Safety
- Push-to-Talk Services for Commercial Use
- Transportation & Logistics
- Travel & Hospitality
- Push-to-Talk Services for Government & Defense
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Rise in demand from government and defense sector to fuel sales
- The United States to hold a major share of the global PTT market
- Germany to exhibit hegemony for push-to-talk services and solution in Europe
- China and India to take the spotlight in the world’s fastest-growing push-to-talk industry – Asia Pacific
- The United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, and France to emerge highly lucrative markets for PTT
- LMR push-to-talk solutions to be most sought-after across regions
The global push-to-talk market witnesses cut-throat competition among key players. In order to leverage new opportunities, key industry players are launching a wider variety of products.
- In Febraury 2021, Video security company IDIS and radio equipment/solutions provider KT Powertel completed a reverse merger. To complete the deal in March, IDIS will acquire a controlling interest (44.84 percent) in KT Powertel, the radio communications unit of Korean telecom operator KT Corp. KT Powertel specializes in the marketing of radio equipment as well as push-to-talk over cellular (PoC) technologies, which is well matched with IDIS’ video surveillance business.
- In April 2021, Motorola Solutions rolled out WAVE PTX in Singapore and Malaysia, a nationwide instant messaging service that allows business and government organizations to improve safety and efficiency. With WAVE PTX, companies are able to connect their various work teams instantly and reliably to keep operations running seamlessly, regardless of network technology.