Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, projects the global dental membrane and bone graft substitutes market to have a positive outlook, expanding at a CAGR of above 8% across the 2021-2031 forecast period. Increasing prevalence of oral health diseases such as cavities and gum diseases is a leading factor driving demand for dental membranes and bone graft substitutes.
Factors leading to oral health issues include unhealthy diets, tobacco use, excess alcohol consumption, and poor oral hygiene. Dental membrane and bone graft substitutes are mostly used in socket preservation, implant bone regeneration, ridge augmentation, sinus lift procedures, and periodontal defect regeneration and various dental treatments.
With extensive research activities, there is improving quality of dental healthcare services and treatment used for different oral diseases. As such, demand for dental membrane and bone graft substitutes is showing sufficient promise for the years ahead.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Global dental membrane and bone graft substitutes market to top US$ 900 Mn by 2031.
- Resorbable dental membranes are projected to reach around US$ 400 Mn by 2031.
- Market in Japan to record 4% CAGR over the forecast period of 2021- 2031.
- China forecast to reach a projected market size of above US$ 200 Mn by 2031.
- Market in Canada projected to expand at above 5% CAGR over the next 10 years.
“Innovations in dental membrane and bone graft substitutes to supply quicker and correct services to patients and expanding mindfulness about dental and oral wellbeing cleanliness are projected to boost market growth,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Product launches and product approvals are commonly adopted by companies to expand their footprints and product portfolios worldwide, and meet the growing demand. Players operating in the market are adopting the strategy of expansion to enlarge their customer base, which permits them to maintain their brand name globally.
- In 2017, LifeNet Health launched PliaFX Strip allograft for dental and bone healing. The product provides high efficiency.
- In 2018, Geistlich Pharma North America Inc. launched alternative soft tissue graft, Geistlich Fibro-Gide, in its portfolio of collagen matrices.
- In May 2018, Dentsply Sirona, entered into a distribution collaboration agreement with Datum Dental, Ltd for the distribution of the Ossix product line, enabling the firm to expand its customer base in North America.
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the dental membrane and bone graft substitutes market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031.
The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of type (resorbable dental membrane, non-resorbable dental membranes, autograft, allograft, xenograft, and synthetic bone graft substitutes), material (hydrogel, collagen, human cells source, hydroxyapatite, and tricalcium phosphate), and end user (dental clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory surgical centers), across seven major regions of the world (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa).