Newly published data by market research provider Fact.MR reveals that demand for specialty feed additives will surge at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2021-2031, reaching US$ 18.4 Bn in value. Emergence of food borne diseases, which are largely zoonotic, are prompting increased incorporation of feed additives in recent years.
Historical performance reveals that the market expanded at a steady pace, at a CAGR of 5% from 2016-2020. Demand further increased during the COVID-19 pandemic, given the zoonotic nature of the disease. Although global meat trade has declined by 4% since its outbreak, there is a significant proportion of people consuming meat products, hence sustaining demand for specialty feed additives.
It is anticipated that global demand for animal products is projected to increase by 60-70% by 2050. Presently, approximately 800 million tons of cereals, or 1/3rd of global cereal production, are used in animal feed. This number is projected to rise to over 1.1 billion tons by the next three decades. Consequently, the need to incorporated specialty feed additives will increase manifold in forthcoming years.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Based on feedstock, acidifiers to enjoy maximum growth, at 6% CAGR, yielding US$ 550 Mn absolute opportunity
- Palatability enhancement to emerge as one of the primary functionality of specialty feed additives, registering a 4.5% CAGR
- U.S to be the fastest growing market, registering a CAGR of 5% through 2031
- China to be the dominant market in Asia, capturing 35% of total market revenue
- Preference for dry specialty feed additives to remain, accumulating a revenue share of 30%
- Global market for specialty feed additives to reach US$ 10.8 Bn by 2021
“Increasing scramble to develop more novel specialty feed additives is broadening scope for the market, with prominent manufacturers initiating numerous R&D projects,” comments a Fact.MR analyst.
Primary focus of leading manufacturers of specialty feed additives is on introducing novel product lines into the global market. Besides this, players are reliant on strategic partnerships with existing entities to enhance their production capacities. Notable developments in the market as follows:
- In September 2021, Koninklijke DSM NV announced its strategic decision to fully focus on its resources and capabilities, by establishing an independent animal nutrition & health business group, focusing entirely on specialty solutions for a radical, yet achievable, transformation in the sustainability of animal protein production.
- In March 2019, BASF SE introduced a new phytase, Natuphos E, to unlock vital nutrients for the feed industry in Indonesia. Natuphos E helps animals better utilize important nutrients- rendering livestock feed more cost effective and environmentally friendly.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583