Growing availability of Diesel Aircraft Tugs and their accessories in the aviation space, rising consumer preference for air travel, increasing focus on expansion of fleet size, especially in Asia Pacific, and rising number of manufacturing facilities, distributors, and suppliers in emerging countries are driving demand for Diesel Aircraft Tugs. Aircraft pushback tugs, which serve as towing equipment, are also expected to contribute to market growth. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, global sales of Diesel Aircraft Tugs declined in 2020 because of a slowdown in the aviation industry. However, the market is getting back on its feet gradually with things opening up.
Electric Aircraft Tugs are more reliable and easy to handle, leading to increased demand for them across regions. Growing concerns regarding emissions have shifted the focus towards the use of electric-powered ground vehicles. Improvements in battery technology, ranging from low-density lead-acid batteries to high-flux lithium-ion batteries with SiC films, have led to the aviation industry’s gradual shift to electric ground support equipment such as electric towbarless tugs. As per Fact.MR’s analysis, the global Diesel Aircraft Tugs market is expected to expand steadily at a CAGR of over 4% from 2021 to 2031.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Demand for Diesel Aircraft Tugs is increasing with numerous new airports, new aircraft, and rising number of military aviation bases.
- Sales of electric Diesel Aircraft Tugs are increasing all over the world. The rising electrification trend, as well as high demand for sustainability, zero-emission, fuel efficiency, low operational cost, and reduction in maintenance efforts, are driving demand.
- Gradual increase in raw material cost and tariff prices are some of the challenges impacting market growth.
- Asia Pacific and Europe hold a significant share in the global Diesel Aircraft Tugs market. In Europe and Asia Pacific, high disposable income combined with rise in population growth, high investments in aviation infrastructure, and an increasing trend of partnerships and strategic collaborations in the aviation industry have led to rising demand for Diesel Aircraft Tugs.
- Towbarless Diesel Aircraft Tugs are expected to hold around 70% market share by 2021.
- By aircraft type, Diesel Aircraft Tugs to be mostly used for civil aircraft and executive jets.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the market was dented badly in 2020 and witnessed a growth of -14.7%.
- The market in India and China is expected to progress at around 5% CAGR each, while that in the U.S. and U.K. at around 4% CAGR each, through 2031.
“Rising demand for electric Diesel Aircraft Tugs will have a positive impact on market growth over the coming years,’’ says a Fact.MR analyst.
Which Aircraft Type Holds the Highest Growth Potential for Diesel Aircraft Tugs?
The Diesel Aircraft Tugs industry is divided into various categories based on application in various aircraft types, such as civil, cargo, military, and business executive jets. The civil aircraft type segment is majorly responsible for demand growth of ground support equipment such as tugs, tractors, etc. The main reasons is linked with end use and application in large numbers. Aircrafts tugs are widely used for the movement of civil aircraft into the airports for inspection and repair work.
Aircraft are also positioned to their storage shelters, which requires aircraft pushback tugs and tractors. There has also been high application of tugs at military air bases where military aircraft and helicopters are moved at the terminals. With high investment, growing number of OEM aircraft tug manufacturers, and high application of Diesel Aircraft Tugs at civil and military airbases, the market is likely to see an upward trend over the coming years.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583