The global undercarriage components market is expected to surpass a value of US$ 6.5 Bn at the end of 2020, and is projected to expand at a value CAGR of close to 4% over the forecast period 2020-2030. The spread of COVID-19 is resulting in declining sales as the global construction industry is facing a downturn, which ultimately affects the sales of undercarriage components. The impact on the market is continuing to fluctuate as the sales of new equipment have come to a standstill.
Furthermore, growing rental activities for heavy duty equipment is one of the major factors fuelling the excavator market. The rental segment has appeared to bring revolutionary growth across the globe. With increasing construction projects and urgency in completion, several companies involved in the construction sector prefer to shorten project time duration, from bidding, execution, to completion. This is anticipated to increase the demand for undercarriage components and create ample opportunities for players operating in the undercarriage components market space.
Key Takeaways from Undercarriage Components Market Study
- The global undercarriage components market is projected to create an absolute $ opportunity of more than US$ 2.7 Bn by 2030.
- By component type, the track chains segment is set to hold a share-wide market dominance with over 24% of the total market value by the end of the forecast period.
- By equipment, crawler excavators are projected to expand at a value CAGR of 3.6% and be valued 1.5X than compact track loaders by the end of 2020.
- By end use, the construction segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth over the course of the forecast duration.
- The undercarriage components market in East Asia is expected to grow the fastest by experiencing a value CAGR of 4%, whereas, South Asia & Oceania is projected to be valued 2.1X than MEA, and is estimated to account for a significant proportion of the demand pie by the end of the forecast period.
“Large-scale closures of OEM plants in East and South Asia will have short-term implications on the demand for undercarriage components. However, significant demand rise in construction equipment is expected in the fourth quarter of 2020, which is foreseen to bolster the growth of the undercarriage components market thereafter,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Undercarriage Components Market Insights by Equipment
Undercarriage components for crawler excavators are foreseen to dominate the equipment segment, and are estimated to account for more than 33% of the total market share in 2020. Rising focus on the development of high value service industries coupled with increasing pace of economic diversification has presented potential growth opportunities for earth moving equipment such as crawler excavators.
These are increasingly being used for digging land and clearing rocks and sand on construction sites. Crawler excavators are utilized for attempting highly complex construction operations, owing to which, the utilization of undercarriage component by crawler excavators is foreseen to maintain its dominance over the forecast duration.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583