As per Fact.MR – a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the baby cloth diaper market is set to grow 1.3X in value by 2031. The market is expected to grow on account of increasing disposable income, rising awareness about the hygiene of babies, and growing number of women in the workforce. Reusable cloth diapers also became popular with distribution channels such as discount stores gaining consumer interest.
Modern cloth diapers are designed to be stylish, organic, eco-friendly, and hand-made. Easy access to a wide product range through the Internet provides consumers with limited-edition offerings. While cloth diapers cost more, promotion of natural parenting trends are bolstering adoption across the world.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Ultra-absorbent diapers are expected lead the market accounting for over 65% of the industry in 2021, aided by higher efficiency in performance.
- Cloth diapers will prominently be used for infants up to 6 months of age through 2031, on the back of growth of the working women demographic.
- Sales through hypermarkets and supermarkets will account for more than 46% market share for the duration of the assessment period, aided by robust supply chains.
- China accounted for over 35% market share in 2020, with a relatively higher growth potential as compared to other regional markets.
- Sales of baby cloth diapers in the U.S. will account for over 90% of the North America market share in 2021.
“Increasing awareness about hygiene among consumers, especially in emerging economies, to nudge baby cloth diaper sales growth over coming years,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
How are Environmental Concerns Driving Sales Opportunities for Baby Cloth Diapers?
According to Stanford Magazine, an average baby requires diapers for up to 3 years, while using more than 10 diapers daily. This accounts for more than 3,000 diapers annually per baby, on an average.
Consequently, in terms of disposable diapers, waste is the primary environmental impact. Lack of recycling options for these products are a key concern. This, in turn, has been a factor driving the sales of cloth alternatives.
Also, common use of wood pulp and synthetic materials in disposable diapers generates environmental concerns. On the other hand, modern cloth diapers are being produced with a reusable, waterproof plastic material, with absorbent materials made from natural fibers of bamboo, cotton, or hemp.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583