Electrostatic Precipitators Market: Overview
The demand for electrostatic precipitators continues to increase due to their efficacy in removing particulate matter in industries. The wide use of electrostatic precipitators at steel mills, petroleum refineries, pulp & paper mills, municipal waste incinerators, and fossil fuel-fired boilers has boosted the growth of electrostatic precipitators in the market.
Steel plants and thermal energy plants use electrostatic precipitators for controlling air pollution. An electrostatic precipitator has the ability to collect both wet and dry impurities. Their collection efficiency is high even for small particles. In addition to this, electrostatic precipitator operates at low costs and they are equipped to handle heavy dust loads and large volumes of gases even at low pressures.
Key Electrostatic Precipitator Manufacturer Developments
Scheuch GmbH, a key player, is focusing on odorless emissions. The end-users demand the removal of wet and dry impurities that would make the elimination process easy. Thus, the company focuses on offering outstanding dust and aerosol separation that would meet consumer demand.
Another key player, Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc, is focusing on gas purification that would meet the larger needs of various applications. End-users demand for environment-friendly products has been on a rise. Thus, the company has a unique patented technology that helps the consumers to reduce harmful emissions that would be harmful to the environment and the human body.
For more insights, Request For Sample of this report
Electrostatic precipitators are majorly used in coal heating plants, furnaces, inclinators, and smelting operations to reduce the exit of particulate matter into the atmosphere. Advancements in technology, such as smart control units, are expected to be a key trend in the electrostatic precipitators market during the forecast period.
Growth in the adoption of electrostatic precipitators can be attributed to awareness among countries to reduce their carbon footprint. On the other hand, the market is facing challenges such as up-gradation issues and maintenance costs. The ability of these systems to tackle these issues is expected to drive the electrostatic precipitators market during the forecast period.
Currently, the adoption rate of Electrostatic precipitators is comparatively high as compared to the other pollution control system as it is having the highest particulate removal efficiency. This factor keeps the electrostatic precipitators market have a steady growth trend over the years. In addition to that, the enforcement of stringent environmental legislation over the years has driven the electrostatic precipitators market.
Key Market Dynamics
As electrostatic precipitators are key tools for controlling dust emissions in industrial plants, the market is driven by complete Electronic Instrumentation, Control, and Regulating (EMSR) technology. This technology has a major impact on the growth of the market. Advancements in electronic controllers have positively impacted the installation of these products, which directly drives the electrostatic precipitators market.
The adoption and usage of dry electrostatic precipitators are the most economical solution for dust collection and offer long service life, which is propelling the market. The growing population and the need for these products in industries, such as power generation, cement, petrochemicals, and pharmaceuticals, is expected to drive the electrostatic precipitators market.
However, high costs related to the product as well as maintenance & repair services are expected to have a negative impact on the growth of the electrostatic precipitators market in the developing regions during the forecast period.
Electrostatic Precipitators Market: Regional Outlook
- The electrostatic precipitators market has a major presence in the developed countries such as the US, Germany, the UK, Japan and France.
- Strict regulations by the European Union to reduce pollution from industries is a major driving factor for the electrostatic precipitators market.
- In addition, governments of developing economies, such as India, China, Indonesia, Brazil, Turkey, Nigeria and Argentina, are implementing new regulations to reduce the emission of particulate matter from process industries.
- Advancements in monitoring systems, such as remote monitoring, will have a key impact on the growth of the electrostatic precipitators market.
- The Middle East and the African region will play a crucial role in the growth of the global market.
- The progress in research and development for odor control solutions will enhance the sales of electrostatic precipitators.
- However, one of the major challenges for the market is a reduction in the number of power plants as countries are switching to green energy, which is likely to reduce the need for these products.
Some of the key market participants in the global electrostatic precipitators market are:
- Società Elettromeccanica Arzignanese S.p.A.
- Scheuch GmbH
- Donaldson Company, Inc.
- CoorsTek, Inc.
- FLSmidth & Co. A/S
- Greenheck Fan Corporation
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc.
- Bionomic Industries Inc.
- R.S. S.r.l.
- Beltran Technologies, Inc.
- Nanjing Xingtailong Special Ceramics Co., Ltd
- Foshan Boton Air Technology Co., Ltd.
Electrostatic Precipitators Market: Market segmentation
The global electrostatic precipitators market can be segmented into type and end-user.
On the basis of type, the global electrostatic precipitators market is segmented into:
- Wet electrostatic precipitators
- Dry electrostatic precipitators
- Others (wire-plate and wire-pipe)
On the basis of end-user, the global electrostatic precipitators market is segmented into:
- Power generation industry
- Steel industry
- Cement industry
- Chemical industry
- Metal refining
- Mining industry
- Wood industry
- Textile and wool industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Paper and pulp industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583